Fly Tying ,Outing Building,Fish and Food Creation The package comes free, Great value for the Money ConsNothing At All SummaryThis Sim is now nothing like the one you have previewed and has moved to a much higher level as a Fly Fishing Simulation and after downloading the initial version all updates to the game are free,the members forum on the Pishtech Website has enough Free Downloads including Fish Species, Outings / Venues based in locations all over the world submitted by the members themselves from the Tools which are included in the game download or downloaded from the Pishtech Website or RWFF Clubhouse.
This is a fun and very realistic fly fishing simulator, but it takes far too long to land a fish once hooked without breaking the tippet. In real life a hooked fish tires relatively quickly, but in this game you can easily watch for a half hour while the fish just goes and goes without seemingly tiring at all. Eventually I get tired of waiting and try to bring it in, only to have it break off. It's a major flaw in the game, and because of it I will probably tire of it fairly quickly. I'm a fly fisherman and I know how long it takes to land a certain sized fish with certain tackle, and this simulator is just not realistic in that regard.
Also, don't even think about playing this game unless you are willing to spend $15 to get the full lineup of flies, rods and leaders. To try and play for free will just be an exercise in futility.
This simulator gives you an outstanding selection of water to fish, and the fishing experience is very realistic, but you'll quickly tire of fighting a fish for a half hour that you should be able to land in 5-10 minutes.
(Note: If you have any problems with the app, please email support at pishtech dot com and we'll be happy to help. Posting a review about a problem doesn't give the developer a way to respond with the solution.
Fly Fishing Simulator is a first-person, photographic simulation of the sport of fly fishing. It features:
- Realistic casting with direct rod and line control
- 165 fishing sites on 27 different rivers, streams, lakes and ponds
- Realistic current, fish feeding behavior, and fish fighting physics
- More than 160 fly patterns including modern and classic dry flies, nymphs, streamers, terrestrials and more
- Hatch check feature lets you examine insects and other food items the fish may be feeding on
- A wide variety of realistic prey to match including mayflies, caddis flies, stoneflies, nymphs, midges, crayfish, etc
- Various species of trout, plus steelhead, bass and panfish
- A virtual fishing guide offering advice on casting, fly selection and more
- A variety of rods and leaders
- A great collection of photos shows you the fish you catch
- Realistic feeding patterns and dry fly action
- Strike indicators and split shot for subsurface fishing with nymphs, streamers, etc.
The free version includes fishing on several sites with a limited selection of equipment. Additional equipment and many more locations are available through in-app purchases.
Pishtech LLC is an independent developer of fishing games. We specialize in unique fly fishing simulators and games for Windows. Real World Fly Fishing is the most realistic fly fishing simulation available.